- Slideshow: Tabletop Computer, IEEE Spectrum Online
- Touchy subjects Gadgets giving physical feedback, journalgazette.net
- Life in 2020: Mobility Reigns, Palm Blvd
Just over two-thirds of the respondents predicted that voice-recognition and touch technologies would become commonplace. They envision haptic (or touch-based) technologies such as a small Internet device that could project a full-sized keyboard onto a flat surface. The virtual keyboard would recognize users' hand movements, enabling them to "air-type."
- Touch Screen Interfaces and Mobile Phones, You want answers
What's next? Well, probably two things taken from gaming consoles - sensitivity to direction of motion for the unit as a whole (think of the Nintendo Wii), and something called haptics. Haptics is all about the study of touch. Integrating haptic technology within a touch screen could enable phones and other devices to allow us to experience a whole new set of senses.
- Apple’s multitouch Mighty Mouse with aluminum finish, SlipperyBrick.com
- tbeta: Open-Source Computer Vision, Multi-touch Sensing Follows Your Fingers, createdigitalmotion