Stantum unveiled the MDK-10.1 Slate PC, that is a proof of concept with a 10.1 inch resistive multi touch screen. Quick facts from the datasheet are as follows:
- 10 simultaneous touches
- Finger and stylus input
- Finger pressure detection
- Touch area size: 10.1 inch
- Touch panel scanning rate: 100 Hz
- Number of rows and columns: 63x112 with 2 mm pitch
- Precision (pointing accuracy): 1 mm
- Order is possible, but price is not yet open publicly
I also found a video clips that may be related with the MDK-10.1
Finally, this is my wish list for the next version of MDK-10.1
- Improved scanning rate: 100 Hz scanning rate is enough for most applications. But one of my acquaintance told me that 200 Hz scanning rate is required to robustly capture very fast handwriting.
- Improved accuracy: Wacom is a major player in pen computing. One of its product Bamboo features 0.5mm accuracy with 1024 pressure levels. I also think that pointing accuracy less than 0.5mm is good for more natural handwriting (My pen has a 0.5mm tip).