This post is a chronicle of how I built a cheap multi-touch by consulting Howto guide of MTMini. Just for fun.
A. Download and Install Required Applications for MTMini (Dec. 23, 2009)
- Go to MTMini Howto and watch a video clip
- Install QuickTime (http://www.itunes.com or http://www.quicktime.com) and reboot PC.
- Go to Community Core Vision and download Windows version. File name is CCV-1.2-win-bin.zip
- Unzip the file at a desired location. I unzipped it at d:\download.
- Go to “d:\download\CCV-1.2-win-bin\CCV-1.2-win-bin\Community Core Vision\” and run “Community Core Vision.exe”.
- At the first time, CCV runs with a default video file.
B. Go and Buy Materials (Dec. 26, 2009)
Cardboard box, Webcam (Microsoft LifeCam VX-500), Acrylic Plate and Sheets of Paper.
C. Start Building MTMini (Dec. 28, 2009)
- Build Start: 11:52 AM
- Adjust Settings of Community Core Vision - Check Use Camera, Track Dark Blobs, and Flip Horizontal
- Test – OK, it works
- Build Completed: 12:40 PM (Total Time Elapsed: 48 minutes)