Touchco, a New York start-up, had hit the Internet and has gone with its low-cost resistive multi touch solution. Except for Touchco, Stantum is still actively doing its business.
Today, I introduce another resistive multi touch company – Sima Systems. Below are the introduction of its MT/MF technology.
Sima Systems has a prototype called Gemi Pad whose features include the followings:
- Control the cursor with your fingers
- Type anywhere on Pad to activate keyboard
- Use any pen or a finger for hand writing
- Fits on uneven surfaces such as your lap or on a paper-filled desk
- USB or Bluetooth
- Spill resistant
- “6’ to concrete” shock resistant
Take a look at the demo video clip of Gemi Pad
[Mouse Movement and Scroll]
[Pinch to Zoom]
[Keyboard typing on a desk or a lap]
[Handwriting and Drawing]
Updated Feb. 18, 2010
Below is a multi-touch demo of SiMa’s MT/MF technology (Resistive X-Wire Multi-Touch) found in the company brochure.
[Thanks, SiMa Systems]